Friday, August 17, 2012

Orange Chicken with Fried Rice

When this Orange Chicken recipe was first made by my husband it was funky. The breading failed when it was combined with the sauce. The flavor was there and was the only reason I tried making it again. Took a couple of tries because I kept screwing up. I thought I would just wing it when I had my kids pulling me in different directions. Don't recommend doing that. That's why people write recipes. When I finally focused and did it right it turned out amazing! My daughter loves lemon chicken and she went crazy over this one. Trent, well, he wants plain chicken....or oatmeal. To make the orange peel easy to work with I just shaved some off with a veggie peeler. So if you want to make the orange chicken, don't do the breading part. Or, if you know how to do the breading, explain it to me!
Now this Fried Rice recipe.....can you say "holycrapthatisamazing!"? I suck at preparing for ahead of time and this one you takes a bit of planning. You must you COLD rice. Doesn't fry well when you combine everything together. It's an easy recipe to add whatever random veggies you have lying around. We aren't veggie fans here but if I cut them small enough no one cares that much. I do suggest to grab some sesame seed oil. It adds that yummy Asian flavor and smell. I bought some of the stuff for a recipe awhile back and loved the smell. I also did two eggs in this instead of one. Couldn't really find the egg before.
I made these separately then added them together one night. I was sad I didn't double the batch because I was ready to eat Matt's. I was a good wifey so kudos to me.
Enjoy!

Erin

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/asian-orange-chicken/detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chinese-chicken-fried-rice-ii/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment