Friday, December 3, 2010

Pizza

If my husband and daughter had their way, the would probably eat pizza everyday. And Trent, he must have the crust. That's a plus because Claire doesn't eat hers. How often does that work out right? Now, I myself love pizza and I never liked homemade until I found this recipe. There was one before this one and it was pretty good, just not better than something from a pizza place. This is the best recipe you will ever had! I was so excited when reading the reviews and all the positive comments. I actually found it by looking for a pizza sauce recipe, which is also awesome (I did have to make some tweaks). Altogether I think it takes about 2 1/2 hours. Trust me, it's worth the wait! I have a huge pizza pan and when made on that it is a nice thick crust. However, when I made this at my mom's yesterday, she only had two smaller pizza pans. So I cut the dough in half and it turned out so much better! Just like Little Caesars, but better! I'm thinking of making pizzas for Trent's birthday that is coming up. I'd like to try a veggie pizza and with having people over, what a great time to test it!

Now I have changed the sauce a bit and I did add a little extra something (thanks to my sister for the tip). I hate fresh tomatoes. I hate the smell and taste. However, I didn't want to go canned, I wanted to try to make it all homemade. Other than the cheese and pepperoni, it is! The sauce recipe wants a pinch of cinnamon and white sugar. I didn't like the cinnamon. I didn't like the strong taste of the tomatoes either. I thought of adding brown sugar to it one day just out of the blue and what do you know? It completely mild down the flavor! The trade off is the amount of sauce you get. I might try a mixture and see how that comes out. Another thing I did was before any toppings go on, mixed olive oil and minced garlic together and put on the crust. Then put a few slices of pepperoni (like five) and then topped with cheese. The pepperoni oils do something that is just amazing! And when you mess with the garlic and oil, make sure you put it on the edges! You will thank me!


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Jays-Signature-Pizza-Crust/Detail.aspx

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-Sauce-I/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment