Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chicken and Rice

What to make when you are hungry and don't feel like cooking? Chicken and rice of course! I'm sure there is a real recipe out there, I don't use one. It's a tasty one dish kind of meal that can be made for two or twenty. Okay, twenty is a little over the top, but you get the idea. I also love this meal for the ideas it can bring. I thought of adding corn and some salsa to it to see what would happen. Cambells makes tons of 'soups' dedicated to this meal too. They have a nacho cheese one that is so yummy and adds a slight kick. To make things even better, this was ready in 30 minutes.

I took two frozen chicken breasts and stuck them in a baking dish. Poured a cup of rice around the chicken and then 2 cups of water. Chicken broth would be a great idea, but I do recommend low sodiom, this can get salty. Take the can of soup (I used cream of chicken) and scoop on top of the chicken. Add whatever seasons you like (I used onion powder and minced garlic. Normally I would add pepper too but I forgot). Stick in hot oven (400) and cook covered until rice is cooked. Add some broccoli (frozen or fresh) and cover in favorite cheese. Cook until cheese is slightly browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment