Wednesday, December 1, 2010

White Bread

I did make a PB&J sandwich today. This time it wasn't on the bread I normally make but I thought I would share it anyway. I love this recipe. It's simple and takes about 2 hours to prep. Freezing it uncooked is something I just recently learned and thought I would also share.

Right before you place it in the bread pan to rise is when you want to freeze it. I was concerned the bread free forming and not looking like regular bread. I did come up with an idea that worked perfectly. Place plastic wrap in the bread pan and spray lightly to keep the bread from sticking. Place the dough in the pan and wrap it tightly. Pull it out, place in a freezer bag and put in the freezer.
To defrost, unwrap and place in bread pan. Let it sit in the refrigerator for about 12 hours, maybe more. When it looks like dough ready to be put in the oven, have at it.

Also, you can use all purpose flour and it will turn out fine. I highly recommend using bread flour. I did the cost for this and it's about $1.00 a loaf. Not too bad for homemade!

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grandma-VanDorens-White-Bread/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment