Tuesday, November 30, 2010

BBQ Chicken, Seasoned Potatoes, Garlic Bread

Yes, I know these do not go together at all! My original plan what to have baked potatoes but I thought it would take too long. So I did diced and it still took an hour to cook the potatoes. Matt pointed out and I do agree, should have put in some bacon. Lesson learned. Actually, I did learn a tip the other day about potatoes. Potatoes can over power any season that you put in them. So when you season, don't be shy! The chicken was so yummy! I found a recipe about a month ago on the site I go to and have fallen in love. There is no reason to buy barbecue sauce anymore. Sure I'll keep a bottle in the house but other than that, all homemade! And it's easy so why not ya know? Our garlic bread is the same old one we use. A loaf from the store (we like to use the garlic Parmesan), add garlic salt, butter, and Parmesan cheese. Oh so delicious! All together it took a little over an hour. I also made the Grasshopper brownies for dessert. I you are smart like I wasn't, take the time in between making dinner to make them then cook it while you are eating. They take about 40 minutes to cook then you have to let them cool a bit before eating so the timing would be almost perfect.

Okay, down to the food. The only real recipe I have is for the sauce. All of the ingredients I own naturally, which is always good. Well, except for the brown sauce that it calls for but I don't even bother with it. I read good reviews for people who included it so feel free to try it. Maybe one day I might if I find another recipe that calls for brown sauce. The sauce does say to let it sit for 10 minutes before using. I let it sit for awhile, probably not 10 minutes. I cooked the chicken on one side then added the sauce. In the chicken I used a spice mix we bought from the farmers market that is around us in the summer. It's pretty mild so I figured it would just add flavor, and it did. With the potatoes I had fun. I add salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic, and for more tastiness, a garlic Rosemary that we also bought at the farmers market. I added tons of the spices, added olive oil and stuck in the oven. I think I had it at 400. When it was done I put cheese on top. You can never go wrong with cheese. I had left the skins on and used the cheese to hide that fact that I didn't peel the potatoes. Matt still noticed. I wonder if he would have if I put bacon it it?

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/This-and-That-BBQ-Sauce/Detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment