Friday, November 19, 2010

Meatball Meat Loves, Horseradish-Cheddar Potatoes with Garlic Bread Salad

Matt being the sweet man he is bought me a Rachael Ray cookbook (Look + Cook) for our 1 year anniversary. I love Rachael Ray. I don't like a lot of her food (I can be a bit picky), but I love the idea to get dinner on the table in 30 minutes. With my little man not feeling the greatest he has needed a bit more attention, it gets difficult to get dinner ready. I was able to get this on this meal on the table in an hour. Would have been less but I forgot to defrost my hamburger while peeling the potatoes. Wait, correct that, I did end up making a dessert....so about an hour.

With this meal I combined two different recipes. The potatoes are actually suppose to be part of a shepherd's pie. I will change them by adding bacon next time. I'm sure they go great with shepherd's pie though. The meat can stand alone and way sooooooo tasty! I even ate the tomatoes that were on top. I hate tomatoes....at least fresh. These were canned. She had them paired with spinach and Parmesan cheese. Matt doesn't like spinach so couldn't use that. However, I can't wait to try them, sounds awesome! The garlic bread was a recipe I got a billion years ago from Taste of Home. Amazing!

To end the meal I made Grasshopper brownies. Rachael Ray had them in the back of her book. You take a brownie mix and make it normal. Then mix in a good handful of chopped chocolate mint candy. Pour that into the pan and top with crushed Oreos and more chocolate mint candy. Oh my gosh!!!! So good! You know that feeling you get when you eat a gooey brownie that begs for milk? The mint lighten it. I was impressed!

Here's all three links to the yummy goodness!

Rachael Ray's Official Website :: Meatless Shepherd's Pie with Horseradish-Cheddar Potatoes

Rachael Ray's Official Website :: Meatball Meat Loaves with Spinach-Parm Mashers

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Garlic-Bread-Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment