Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Beef Flank Steak

I found a crock pot recipe book that I never knew we had. Inside were quite a few recipes that I want go try. One of them for Trent's birthday party that is coming up next month. Nothing says winter like a good crock pot meal right? Anyway, this recipe was actually for a beef salad and that's not how I used it. I just made the beef. My honest opinion of it, tasted like roast beef and not that impressive. Good, but the taste kinda stays in your mouth for a few hours after. I kinda like the idea of using it as a salad but I didn't have and lettuce around sadly. I don't like green onions so I added onion powder instead.

You were suppose to remove any visible fat and I didn't. let it sit for 8-10 hours on low. (3-4 on high) then cut into slices for the salad.

Sauce
3 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs oil
2 Tbs honey
2 Tbs garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ground ginger
2 Tbs green onions, chopped

Salad
10 cups romaine
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
2 ribs celery
1.4 tsp ground black pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment