Friday, November 26, 2010

Lemon Chicken, Mac and Cheese and Sugar Cookies

Claire and I made sugar cookies today and they are sooooooo yummy! The recipe alone takes about two hours because they have to chill in the fridge for an hour. From start to finish you might even say three hours because we waited for them to cool completely (Claire was helping, otherwise I wouldn't have) then iced them with our own colorful icing. That was just powdered sugar, water and vanilla. I made it pretty thick too. They turned out perfect! And Claire, true to herself, took one bite and claimed she didn't like them. She doesn't have a sweet tooth and I'm not going to push it! More for me!

While the cookies were cooling I made the Lemon Chicken and Mac and Cheese. The chicken doesn't have a recipe and it's so simple. The mac and cheese is one I think I got off of AllRecipes. It's suppose to be an alfredo sauce but that changes by what cheese you put in it. I usually add a good dash of crushed red pepper, but Claire was the reason I was making it so I didn't this time. One thing I do add to the sauce is Mozzerella cheese. I find it thickens up the sauce perfectly whether I'm making it with cheddar or Parmasan. I also found that I didn't like it with parsley so I use oregano instead. Used it the first time because I didn't have parsley and it didn't taste right when made it that way. Tastes almost like Olive Garden! And another tip I found was if it turns out grainy just add more butter to it. Total time on this one is around 30 minutes! Gotta love those quick meals that leave you full. Add the Garlic Bread Salad and you are set!


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mrs-Fields-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx?prop31=1

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Alfredo-Mostaccioli/Detail.aspx

Chicken

Chicken
olive oil
garlic
lemon juice
lemon pepper

Cook garlic in oil. Add chicken and pour lemon juice all over (Careful, it splatters) then add lemon pepper. Cover with a lid until brown. Turn and cover again until done.

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment