Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving

Well what do you know? I cooked for Thanksgiving! Hahaha, well, not the whole dinner. I made mashed potatoes, applesauce, pumpkin pie and then (because my mom and I were curious) I grabbed one of those tubs of cheesecake that Philadelphia makes. It was a pumpkin spice one. Pretty good. My dad grabbed one of everything and I asked him how was it. He said, "They are both pretty good. The pie is better." I hoped so since I made the pie myself! I was hoping to use fresh pumpkin but never got around to it. It was pretty tasty. I was worried about the applesauce. My other big pot was dirty so I used the crock pot. Turned out perfect actually and it stayed warm. Lil miss even helped! She told me that no one would believe that she helped with the potatoes. Cracked me up! I explained that if anyone doubted that I would tell them it was true. That girl was so proud. So funny how the simplest things make a lil girl feel all grown up. Total time for everything was about three hours.

So on with the cooking! The applesauce is my mom's recipe. One thing to remember is some apple mash up really well and others (say Granny smith) don't. I think I used Macintosh along with two Grannies. You must finely chop the Grannies and even finer if you don't want a chunky applesauce. The potatoes I just used a five pound bad then added some sour cream, ricotta cheese, mozzarella, salt, pepper and butter. The pie took forever but everyone seem to like it. I give the cheesecake a three star. It was yummy but wasn't OH MY GOSH!


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Moms-Pumpkin-Pie/Detail.aspx


Applesauce

8 apples - peeled and sliced
1/2c water
1/2c sugar
1tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg
Red Hots - to taste

Put apples and water in a big pot on median heat and boil, stirring frequently.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until it looks done, chunks are fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment